Useful Damavand Information, Facts, Figures and Statistics
Damavand is the most prominent feature of Iran looming majestically near the Caspian Sea. It has a narrow peak, with permanent snow cap. It is surrounded by many beautiful peaks of the Alborz Mountains. In a clear sky, Damavand is visible far from 250 km. Damavand is situated about 80 km north-east of Tehran (by road) in Mazandaran Province, Iran.
Trekking Damavand is climbing 8 Km trail in 10 hours!
In general term Damavand trek is 8 km trail and is climbed in 10 hours. On the first day you gain 4,700 meters from 2nd camp to the 3rd camp in about 4 hours and on the summit push you ascend 3,300 meters from 3rd camp to Damavand Peak approx. in 6 hours.
This trek highly depends on your physical fitness, climbing experience, guide, acclimatization, season, weather …
Remember in this climb you should gain altitude 2630 m from basecamp to the summit.
• Average climbers may do it in 2 days or more! Visit Damavand Itinerary.
• Stronger mountaineers may do it just in a single day!
Mount Damavand Summit
In the final steps of trekking towards the Damavand summit, at 5400 to 5600 masl, climbing is in Sulphur Gas Zone!
Info, Fact, Figure and Statistics about Mt Damavand Iran
This article is mainly focused on Damavand south route, the most popular trekking side of the mountain. Covering the information about base camp to Damavand peak. This detailed info is personal view of admin “Mr Damavand” published for the first time on the internet in Damavand Info HERE and HERE.
Various equipment such as hand held GPS, software and some maps are used in these measurements and we hope it is accurate enough. The trekking distance between Damavand first campsites (Polour & Reyneh) to the second campsite (Basecamp-Goosfand Sara) is excluded in some measurements, because it is mainly accessible by car in summer season.
|Trekking Damavand Base Camp to Summit|
|Average Ascend Time||10 hours|
|Average Climb Speed||800 m/h|
|Trail Path Distance||8000 meters|
|Altitude Gain Basecamp to Summit||2630 meters|
|Damavand Difficulty and Climbing Grade|
Trekking south route in summer only. For winter climb and ski touring visit Damavand Winter Climb.
|Difficulty Rank||F, YDS class 2|
|South Route||Basic mountaineering|
|Difficulty Type||Moderate walk-up, easy descend (plus Sulphur gas above 5400 m)|
|Fact & Statistics for Trekking Damavand from C2 to C3|
|Average ascending time||4 hours|
|Average trekking speed||1175 m/h|
|Direct distance C2-C3||3,182 meters|
|Trail path distance C2-C3||4,700 meters|
|Average slope angle||about 22° Degree|
|Max slope angle||about 33° (Degree from 3,807 masl to 3,861 masl)|
|Min slope angle||about 11° (Degree from 3,095 masl to 3,115 masl)|
|Gaining altitude C2-C3||1,160 meters|
|Altitude of Damavand Major Campsites|
|Camp 1 Polour Hut||2,270 meter above sea level|
|Camp 1 Reineh (Reyneh) Hut||2,070 masl|
|Camp 2 Base (Goosfand-Sara or Mosque)||3,040 meter|
|Camp 3 Bargah Sevom Shelter/Refuge||4220 m|
|Camp 3 New Hut (Top Camp)||4250 m|
Foot track & distance between Damavand Campsites
|Camp 2 Base to Camp 3 Bargah||4700 m|
|Camp 3 to Summit||3300 m|
|Base Camp to Summit||8000 meters|
Time and Speed for climbing Damavand Mountain
Base camp to Summit.
|Average ascend Time||10 hours|
|Average climbing speed||800 m/h.|
|Camp 2 Base to Camp 3||1160 meter|
|Camp 3 to Summit||1470 m|
|Total Base Camp to Summit||2630 m|
Mount Damavand Ranking, Location and GPS Data
|Elevation||5,671 m (18,605 ft.) Highest Peak in the Middle East Highest volcano in Asia, the second highest volcano in North Hemisphere. Visit also Mount Damavand Elevation in our blog.|
|Prominence Factor||4,667 m , Ranked 12th in the world|
|Parent Peak||Alborz Mountain Range|
|Listing||Volcanic Seven Summits, Iran High Point Ultra|
Damavand Facts & Statics MRDA21JUN16A
• Damavand Fact & Statistics. Damawand Hiking. Demavand Fact & Statistics. Fact Damavand. Fact & Statistics Mount Damavand Iran. Fact & Static Mount Demavand. Fact & Static Volcano Damavand Persia. Fact & Static Vulcan Damawand. Fact & Static Damavand. Fact & Statistics Mount Damavand Iran.
• Fact & Static Mount Damavand. Fact & Static Volcano Damavand Iran. Fact & Static Volcano Damavand. Hiking Damavand. Fact & Figure Mount Damavand Persia. Fact & Figure Mount Damavand. Fact & Figure Volcano Damavand Iran. Fact & Figure Volcano Damawand. Mount Damavand Fact & Static.
• Mount Damavand Fact & Static. Mount Damavand Fact & Figure. Mount Damawand Iran Fact & Static. Mt Damavand Iran Fact & Figure. Mt. Damavand Iran Fact & Static. Volcano Damavand Fact & Static. Volcano Damavand Fact & Figure. Volcano Damavand Persian Fact & Static. Volcano Damavand Iran Fact & Figure. Vulcan Damavand Persia Fact & Static.